Transfer Agency, AVP
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
Leadership & Team Management
- Lead a team of Associates and Managers to ensure excellence in client service as it relates to AML/CTF servicing.
- Work with the Managers reporting to you to ensure they have the requisite skills and tools required to complete their job effectively.
- Foster strong working relationships with colleagues in IFDS Luxembourg and Syntel in India to ensure an effective operating model is in place for clients that are serviced across multiple locations.
Client Relationship Management
- Work with the Registration Assistant Vice President with responsibility for client management to ensure that all clients are satisfied with the service received from Registration (rated ‘green’) and that improvement plans are in place for those clients expressing dissatisfaction (rated ‘amber’ or ‘red’).
- Ensure an effective operating model is in place for clients that are serviced across multiple locations.
- Ensure that your team is properly resourced, and that resources are appropriately assigned to effectively manage client and workload priorities.
- Coach and mentor your direct reports to ensure they have the organizational and soft skills required to effectively manage their teams.
- Actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall completion for your team.
Risk & Regulatory Management
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for AML/CTF as it relates to investor onboarding and act as an SME in terms of the Irish industry, Corporate requirements and cross-border / Luxembourg regulations.
- Influence and shape investor AML/CTF strategy with an emphasis of implementation of AML IV regulations.
- Be familiar with and understand regulatory requirements in relation to tax reporting as they affect investor account set-up and maintenance, e.g. FATCA, CRS
- Ensure your team’s compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements in relation to information security, AML/KYC, anti-fraud and other areas as defined from time to time.
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change.
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
- Ongoing review of current practices and procedures with a view of identifying and implementing efficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record for developing and retaining staff.
- Excellent knowledge of regulations and practical experience of dealing with Anti-Money Laundering matters in Ireland.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to present to and influence Senior Management both verbally and via written reports and presentations.
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a good understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.