Regulatory Reporting Controller / Analyst
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- The chance to work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into our business
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for annual bonus, a 16-week paternity leave, fully funded sport pass, health care plan and Firm contribution to voluntary pension fund – we invest in your future
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings, financial and study-leave support for selected professional qualifications (CFA, ACCA, FRM)
- A supportive, vibrant and open-minded multinational environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Work location: Hybrid
Reporting to the Regulatory Capital Internal Reporting Team Lead in Budapest, the main responsibility is to:
- Execute daily/weekly/monthly deliverables related to Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and Capital analysis
- Produce weekly updates to Senior Management and preparation of business unit allocation and reporting, provide commentaries explaining movements on firm Business Required Capital, RWA and Leverage Assets
- Partner with risk department and capital calculation teams to explain and validate daily, weekly variances in capital and RWA numbers, investigate and reconcile differences
- Interact with the business unit and other stakeholders within the infrastructure
- Understand the business drivers, financial products and drivers within the different calculation methodologies on reported RWAs cross the firm
- Challenge processes and procedures, enhance controls and support strategic development of firm systems on capital and RWA reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Economics or related field.
- Relevant internship/working experience in financial services industry (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury) is an advantage
- High level of organizational skills
- Product knowledge across a wide range of Equity and Fixed Income products is desirable
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Intermediate MS Excel and PowerPoint user
- Have the ability to work effectively within local and global teams
- High level of guardianship skills, ensuring exceptions are identified, resolved and escalated on a timely basis
The Regulatory Capital Internal Reporting controllers team is responsible for preparing Capital and Risk Weighted Assets related internal management reporting and other financial analysis for Morgan Stanley's Business Units in a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. The group liaises with Regulatory Reporting teams in New York as well as with other Finance teams globally.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.