Audit Assistant Manager – Financial Services
Grant Thornton has experienced significant growth in recent years, and is regarded as the accountancy firm with the biggest organic growth in Ireland. Grant Thornton International has continued to achieve substantial growth annually, and is the 5th largest international accountancy network globally. Within the audit department our financial services division has experience exceptional growth and specialises in providing auditing and assurance services to the following market sectors:
- investment management - hedge funds, traditional investment funds, private equity funds, investment managers and stockbrokers
- insurance companies - general insurance, re-insurance and captive insurance
- credit unions
- aircraft leasing
- special purpose vehicles and section 110 companies
- pension schemes
Arising from this growth, we are seeking to strengthen our existing audit team with an audit assistant manager to meet the needs of current and future financial services clients.
This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved in all aspects in the running of the department and the team. A keen interest in business development, exploring new business ideas and presenting them to the partner group is also required.
In addition, excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts competitive remuneration packages and ongoing career progression for the right candidate.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of clients to ensure delivery of services in line with engagement objectives, scope and budget.
- Lead and co-ordinate engagement teams to deliver services to clients within client deadlines.
- Actively participate in the management of the department, including the review of work of team members.
- Participate in business development activities including preparation of proposals.
- Proactively develop client relationships, working closely with client management to develop commercially focused solutions to issues identified.
- Proactively cross sell the product offering of the Business Unit and work closely with other areas to identify sales opportunities.
- Strengthen technical knowledge in field of expertise, continually sharing this knowledge with their immediate teams.
- Act as a mentor within the team, balancing the needs of the team with the commercial requirements of the firm.
- Leads by example, demonstrating a clear ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining the highest standards of quality and risk management.
- Keeps Partner appraised of progress on client work and escalate issues identified as appropriate
- Prepare client reports detailing issues found and recommendations for corrective and preventative actions to resolve them.
- Is resilient in times of change, keeping teams motivated.
- Displays confidence and an ability to influence at all levels, both internally and externally.
- ACA/ ACCA qualified
- Audit experience of financial services entities (or potentially recent audit experience together with experience of working in the financial services sector)
- clear and impactful communication skills
- strong technical competence including extensive knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and FRS 102
- strong interpersonal skills
- initiative and attention to detail
- high levels of integrity
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.