Qualified Financial Accountant – Financial Services Advisory
Financial Services Advisory (FSA) is currently seeking a driven and self-motivated professional accountant with experience in the Insurance industry. This role presents a great opportunity to lead a team, develop further their own knowledge and skills and broaden their skillset and grow with the practice. The role will suit ambitious motivated individuals who thrive in a varied role, working across different clients and projects.
The team is primarily based from our headquarters on City Quay in Dublin City Centre, but working from our Regional offices or remotely will also be possible.
The successful candidate will work as part of a dedicated Financial Services Advisory team that provide solutions to regulated entities and financial services clients to help them meet challenges and address business needs. Projects include month-end support, Finance Transformation, Financial Reporting, Process Improvement Projects and Financial Accounting projects and resource support.
There will also be opportunities to work as part of the wider advisory team that provides internal audit, risk management, regulatory, controls assurance advice and expertise to clients, in a consulting capacity or as part of an outsourced or co-sourced arrangement.
Responsibilities typically may include:
- Strategic business development activities, including identifying client needs and opportunities, and working on proposals for new business;
- Lead the successful delivery of a wide variety of engagements, including the development of client relationships in order to enhance our reputation and brand;
- Lead and coach a team of accountants;
- Preparation and review of annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements or regulatory returns;
- Month and year-end close preparation and accounting as well as liaison with auditors;
- Assisting with ad hoc financial analysis and queries;
- Supporting finance transformation initiatives and finance function review projects;
- Development and/or review of process documentation, redesign and implementation;
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and use this knowledge on assignments; and
- Support and delivery on other financial services advisory projects in areas such as risk and compliance, internal audit, business process transformation and project management
The following experience is highly desired:
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 10+ years’ experience in a role which can demonstrate the experience required to achieve the above responsibilities, either in professional services or industry;
- Preparation and review of financial statements under US GAAP / IFRS or experience in audit review of financial statements;
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 and/or regulatory returns (e.g. Solvency II, Central Bank of Ireland NSTs etc.);
- Awareness of current topics and challenges facing the insurance industry;
- Understanding of financial services risks, financial governance, processes and organisations;
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude;
- Ensuring quality and timely service is delivered to clients;
- An ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job; and
- Strong organisational, verbal communication and time management skills.
This role offers excellent opportunities for the candidate to broaden their skillsets by gaining experience in other areas across Financial Services. The role also offers opportunities to work in other jurisdictions.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.