Tax Associate Director
We are seeking a Corporate Tax Associate Director to join our growing Tax department. As an Associate Director, you must demonstrate depth of technical knowledge in your own service area and apply this knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical issues together with managing a team in complex and demanding assignments on a day to day basis. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- Takes responsibility and ownership of the client relationship at the appropriate level in the client’s organisation;
- Manages portfolio of client assignments that are sizable in both scope and scale by providing intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively, presenting solutions to increasingly complex technical issues;
- Has experience with working with large UK corporates including large UK groups as well as UK corporates in multinational groups. Has sound understanding of all the specific tax issues associated with these size of corporates. Has a firm understanding and relevant experience in areas such as corporate interest restriction, corporate loss reform and dealing with SAO queries.
- Proactively seeks out business development opportunities and meets own financial targets set;
- Participates in the tendering process for new client pitches including developing personalised proposals for each potential client;
- Act as the focal point for the delivery of sophisticated tax advice to clients and the business, demonstrating an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately;
- Consults on a variety of technical areas, including the ability to identify those able to provide support in relation to technical risk;
- Write high quality tax reports, professionally presented documents.
- A sound awareness and adherence to the firm's risk management processes and procedures;
- Takes responsibility for financial management of client accounts;
- Leads, manages, motivates and coaches managers and junior team members by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and completing timely appraisals;
- Proactively manages own career, seeking out opportunities to work on a variety of assignments to build on existing experience; and
- Demonstrate an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches, for own team as well as the wider firm.
Skills and attributes:
- ACA/ACCA or CTA qualified;
- Minimum 7 years’ post qualification experience of working in a tax department of large practice (ideally Big 6);
- Strong technical knowledge and proven ability to identify opportunities for clients;
- Approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and wellbeing;
- Capable of working on your own initiative while taking responsibility and ownership for wider team issues
- Ability to build trusted relationships with clients and the team.