Client Executive, Institutional Trust
Job Title: Client Executive, Institutional Trust
(Multiple positions available)
Manages and cultivates a client base comprised of existing and high potential institutional asset owner asset servicing clients. Has ultimate responsibility for the retention and growth of assigned client group across Northern Trust. Establishes oneself in a given marketplace and is involved in defined prospecting. The Client Executive provides client-specific advice-driven solutions that solidify current relationships while exploring and capturing additional opportunities.
- Manages complex master trust, custody and asset servicing client relationships, including large corporate retirement plan sponsors. Evaluates, designs, implements and oversees clients' total relationship plan. Ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the relationship including global custody, investments, banking, treasury management services and proper introductions to Wealth Management as appropriate.
- Reviews individual client relationships to determine the banking, trust and investment needs of clients; anticipates and creates opportunities for enhancing these client relationships.
- Places emphasis on relationship building and participates in development of new solutions to client needs, brings in experts when appropriate, and closes the sale. Ensures smooth delivery of new services and communicates emerging needs.
- Initiates regular, ongoing dialogue with clients and clients' advisors. Counsels clients on emerging financial/industry issues, new bank products and services, regulatory tax changes and general environment. Discusses impact on clients’ activities and the bank’s services.
- Manages client profitability. Understands competitive environment and anticipates opportunities. Develops pricing strategies and works with team to enhance profitability.
- Coordinates/leads Northern Trust wide relationship reviews in order to develop client-specific strategic relationship plans and assess progress in meeting the goals set forth in the plans.
- Interacts with and involves bank senior management in reporting client servicing activities/issues. Provides management with defined reports highlighting client profitability, contribution and any servicing gaps. Escalates issues appropriately.
- Provides input regarding team members' performance with respect to their overall contribution to team results. Mentors more junior service team members including Client Service Managers and Account Managers.
- Participates in new business efforts including RFP / new business presentations and defined prospecting within a given marketplace.
- 10 - 15 years of experience in relationship management, new business development and client servicing with significant exposure to trust/asset servicing and investments.
- General knowledge of trust/asset services, products, investments and business segment specific issues (e.g. plan design, unique reporting/ structure requirements).
- Broad knowledge of Northern Trust, industry issues and a strong understanding of the marketplace clients, prospects and competitors.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.