Senior Consultant, Alternative Investments
Who we are
Northern Trust is a preeminent global financial institution that provides asset servicing, investment management and wealth management services for institutions, high-net-worth individuals and families. For more than 130 years, our success has been anchored in one purpose: to serve as our clients’ most trusted financial partner, guarding and growing their assets as though they are our own. Our market-leading technological capabilities—spanning from artificial intelligence for currency management, blockchain for fund administration and cloud-based solutions to deliver personalized wealth management services—allow us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients with speed and precision.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown significantly over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
This role will form part of an existing Alternative Assets Consulting team that is responsible for providing consultative services and subject matter expertise to clients and prospects as it relates to the Alternative Asset Services Practice (AAS). In addition to supporting new business opportunities (including pre and post implementation processes), the Senior Consultant will also work closely with existing clients to improve/refine existing operating model as client needs change, as well as serving on large and/or complex projects.
This role reports to Manager, Alternative Investment.
What you will do
Your primary responsibilities will include supporting business expansion opportunities, and providing a direct liaison between our clientele and the Northern Trust. This will include working on new product initiatives, particularly assisting with the design, review and implementation of corporate initiatives impacting the processing of Alternative Assets around the globe.
- Support new business opportunities, and provide consultative oversight and expert advice to new clients on the operational capabilities of the practice.
- Leads new client onboarding, including participating in client discovery sessions, setting client expectations, agreeing service levels, and post-implementation monitoring
- Create presentation material and other documents to share with clients, prospects and internal partners.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of client’s support model and end-to-end processes
- Research, analyse and resolve ad-hoc client requests
- Provides support for escalation of issues and complex problem resolution
- Consult on effective ways to meet client needs through continuous process review and improvements
- Be a part of a self-motivated team, who will develop periodic goals, set short-term priorities, and ensure timely and accurate completion of the work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth knowledge of alternative investments, ideally within the asset processing/servicing space
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Tech savvy with the ability to use initiative and flexibility to meet client expectations
- Preferred candidates will have a Finance/Accounting/Commerce degree, and at least 5 years client-facing experience in the financial services industry
As of 31 March 2022, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $15.5 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $12.0 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.5 trillion in assets under management
- $173 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience. Which Is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg, 2021 (4th consecutive year)
- Top ranking of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s, Corporate Equality Index, 2021 (For the 14th consecutive year, Northern Trust has scored 100% and earned the designation as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality”)
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.