We are looking to recruit a talented and ambitious Senior Manager to join our Truro office and play a key role within our Corporate and Business Services team.
This could be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to relocate to Cornwall. Not only would you get all the benefits that living and working in Cornwall can offer, but you would also be taking on a role that will enable you to progress your accountancy career within one of the South West's leading employers.
From day one, you will be fulfilling a diverse and varied role that will involve everything from advising some of Cornwall’s most exciting owned managed businesses, through to People Management and Business Development responsibilities.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
You will be given the autonomy to develop a talented team and will play an important role in continuing to grow Bishop Fleming’s presence within the Cornish market.
Ranked as one of the Top 5 Best Accounting Firms to work for, you will be part of a rapidly expanding Top 30 firm that values it people and offers a fantastic working environment.
Working closely with our Truro office SMT, you will look to grow our portfolio of clients and will seek to add value to our existing clients by introducing additional services that we can offer.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working with our management team to manage and develop our Business Services team – this will include recruiting team members and coaching our people so that they can reach their potential
- Building strong relationships with our owner-managed business clients (average turnover ranging from £2 - £8 million) and ensuring that we continue to offer a quality trusted advisor service
- Monitor developments in the accounting marketplace to help retain competitiveness and efficiency of service provision
- Build/retain a good network of local contacts within the Cornish market to aid business development
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) with experience of working within a business services environment/practice environment
- A strong business developer who is keen to build contacts and network within the local business community
- A great people manager who enjoys developing and coaching their teams
- Highly commercial with the drive to contribute towards Bishop Fleming’s growth
Please contact Ally Allington; Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.