M&A Integration Accountant - R2R (perm)
Envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big.
Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success.
Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world.
We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function.
In this exciting role, you'll join the Record to Report team, which consists of over 60 employees responsible for a wide range of areas including Fixed Assets, Treasury Accounting, Intercompany, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Accounting, M&A Integration and a team of regional lead accountants. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
The role is primarily responsible for detailing and improving the processes for US GAAP, local statutory & tax compliance functions across a range of legal entities in EMEIA. This position is tasked with providing support to the GL teams, wider business teams and also works closely with the other GBS accounting organizations in APAC, China, and AMR. This function primarily supports M&A entities. The successful candidate will also be responsible for regular project and process improvement work.
Key qualifications Knowledge of SAP, Excel and Keynote. Experience in Business Intelligent Tools: Business Objects, Advanced Excel (VBA, Macro), Tableau & SQL an advantage.Strong business partnering skills, organisational skills and awareness of the big picture.Identify issues and drive to resolution on a timely basis.Ability to establish effective relationships and show influencing skills.Excellent leadership, negotiation, problem solving, project management, communication skills required.Multitasking; flexible in working to tight deadlines.Self-starter who is motivated, innovative and ambitious.
- Help improve processes and drive standardisation for the teams within the Record to Report (R2R) Team.
- Document key data and reporting processes for the GL team in R2R.
- Responsibility for implementing key process improvements within the R2R team.
- Work directly with business partners to analyse requirements, develop a deep understanding of underlying process and propose/implement automated solutions that will help the business implement optimally and efficiently.
- Ensure appropriate systems, processes, tools and business relationships exist to enable effective legal entity controllership and compliance.
- Responsible for the post acquisition integration of M&A entities – including US GAAP accounting, Local GAAP statutory accounting and Tax Compliance.
- Manage the relationship with key partners and reporting teams to propose solutions, and facilitate prioritisation of work.
- Influence requirements for improvements to reporting tools with an eye for eliminating manual data extraction and processing.
- Maintain data integrity of SAP to ensure US GAAP rules and local legal statutory and accounting reporting requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring processes are compliant for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Support GBS initiatives and ad-hoc GL relevant projects as requested.
- Develop with the role to expand responsibilities within the GBS organisation.
Education & experience
- Qualified accountant.
- 3 Years + post qualification experience. Experience in a shared service centre an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.