Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom; Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
About the firm and department
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders globally, and we are one of the top 10 accountancy firms in the UK and US in respect to size. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 51,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate and offer our staff brilliant and fulfilling careers. Indeed, we were recently "2 star" accredited by Best Companies, achieving the rating of "outstanding organisation to work for". We also placed second in the "Best Accountancy Firms" and have been named the UK's 6th "Best Big Company".
Our National Corporate Tax Service Line works with clients across a broad range of business types and sectors, from growth-focused entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses and middle market organisations to large multinational groups. We manage their tax affairs on the compliance side whilst also acting as expert advisors when planning matters arise. The latter includes, but is not exclusive to, due diligence, transactions and restructuring, as well as innovation reliefs. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking!
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to join an experienced and energetic tax team at an incredibly exciting part of the growth journey. As a result of a number of client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager, based near Leicester or Nottingham as we work flexibly.
This role would suit someone who is looking for an environment where they will have opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team working with lots of fantastic clients along the way. Surrounded by talent, this role will genuinely give you an opportunity to further your career and develop your capabilities to their full potential.
You will be an integral part of a high-performing tax compliance and advisory team which partners with OMBs and multi-national corporate clients across a range of sectors, such as technology, manufacturing, leisure & tourism, retail, professional services and construction to name just a few. The purpose of the role is to manage a portfolio, ensuring the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements and supporting the delivery of advisory projects.
- Operating as a key part of the client service team for a variety of clients, involving regular liaison externally and working internally to plan and execute the delivery of work.
- Delivering a high-quality corporation tax compliance service to your clients.
- Addressing any queries or enquiries regarding tax filings or payments from HMRC.
- Working closely with your colleagues to provide value adding, technically accurate, clear and concise tax advice covering a range of technical issues relevant to your clients’ business risks, challenges and opportunities. Such areas are likely to include: loss relief, tax relief on interest, transfer pricing, R&D tax relief, capital allowances, group reorganisations, shareholder reorganisations, international tax matters and acquisitions & disposals.
- Assisting colleagues in other departments to help them provide a high-quality service to their clients and identify tax related risks and opportunities.
- Maintaining a knowledge of the breadth of the firm’s capability as well as general business and economic factors relevant to our clients.
- Interacting and building productive relationships with peers at other RSM International member firms.
- Continually improving your skills, knowledge and capability for the benefit of our clients as well as your own development.
- Providing coaching and guidance to junior members of the team in a confident manner.
- Attending team meetings and training as required.
- Always ensuring quality by adhering to the firm’s quality standards.
- Carrying out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or any Partner.
About the ideal candidate
- ACA, ACCA and/or CTA qualified.
- Background in an Accountancy Practice with good knowledge of corporate tax.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experience of using specialist tax software is advantageous.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.