Finance Manager - Payroll, Reward & Financial Reporting
Role: Finance Manager – Payroll & Reward Financial Reporting
Purpose of role: Management of Payroll Accounting, Reporting & Controls
Reports to: Payroll, Reward Reporting & Balance Sheet Controls Manager
Location: Dublin Head Office
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Payroll & Reward reporting and control across 14 countries and growing
- Management role with responsibility for leading a team focused on preparation and analysis of robust periodic financial and management accounts
- Support the International finance teams by ensuring payroll accounting adheres to local GAAP and IFRS requirements in all markets in which Primark operate
- Deep understanding of drivers underpinning payroll costs across the Primark Group.
- Accounting for complex areas such as share based payments & pension.
- Ensure all payroll & reward accounting checks & controls are adhered to.
- Review and challenge periodic processes to identify opportunities to drive efficiencies through automation or revised processes.
- Coach and develop a high performing team responsible for Payroll & Reward Reporting & Controls
- Break down information in a systematic and communicable manner
- Escalate, manage and report control issues with transparency in a timely manner.
- Oversee the monthly close process alongside other financial reporting teams.
- Provide quality and timely Payroll & Reward information to internal and external customers.
- Support delivery of automation of payroll interfaces to Oracle Financials in New & existing markets.
- Team leadership supporting preparation of statutory accounts for a number of international legal entities
- Key link with audit teams and other advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of all statutory obligations for a number of legal entities
- Involvement in technical financial accounting advice, researching the impact of accounting policy decisions on the business and advising of relevant changes
- Preparation and analysis of financial year end notes for reporting packs
- Further enhance reporting of costs & controls
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders in Retail Management, P&C, Financial Planning, Financial Reporting, Internal Control and with Internal and External Audit
- Comfortable working and taking responsibility in a dynamic environment
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) with 6 years+ PQE preferential
- Industry experience would be an advantage but not a requirement.
- A strong understanding of payroll & reward controls, accounting issues, systems and policies applicable to a large international organisation
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate data
- Strong commercial awareness with a sound knowledge of wider business factors
- High energy and enthusiasm, demonstrating initiative with strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment, without direct daily supervision and provide leadership to direct reports, peers and supervisors
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Team player & strong relationship builder, able to work across numerous functions, internal & external
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.