Transaction Services Associate
The RSM corporate finance team has enjoyed a series of successful years and due to growth and expansion, an opportunity has arisen for a Transaction Services Associate. The team in Southampton is large and well established with 4 Partners. The team works with a variety of private equity and corporate clients on both domestic and cross-border transactions. The new role will allow to the team to build on existing opportunities in the market working on transactions typically ranging in size from <£10m to £100m+. The role will provide exposure to a wide range of interesting and exciting transactions across a range of sectors and locations, whilst offering a healthy work life balance. The role would suit those with a background in audit and although transaction services experience is preferable, comprehensive training will be provided for those without direct experience.
Overall Job Purpose
- To assist in the execution of financial due diligence assignments on both buy side and sell side transactions and support the team in new business generation.
- Performing financial analysis on target businesses for inclusion in due diligence reports
- Liaising with clients, target businesses and other professional advisors during execution of transactions
- Reviewing and analysing financial models
- Due diligence report writing (in Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Researching, preparing, and supporting presentations / sales pitches for new business
- Relationship building with potential clients and intermediaries (private equity houses, banks, and corporates)
Personal and Professional Qualities
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Some exposure to due diligence is preferable but not essential
- Genuine interest in, and enthusiasm for, understanding how businesses generate profits and cash
- High intelligence, evidenced by strong academics
- Self-starter with energy to work to tight deadlines from time to time
- Displays high level of accuracy, diligence and integrity
- Commercially minded and a critical thinker
- Able to form relationships with wide range of people and strong team player
- Willing to travel as required
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.