Overall Job Purpose
Proactively engage with clients and internal stakeholders to drive the timely collection of outstanding fees. Continually improve lock up/DSOs, and assess, identify and manage exposure risk.
Utilise all communication tools available to manage your client portfolio (predominantly verbally). This will include monthly review meetings with internal list holders (combination of virtual and face to face).
Take responsibility for a dedicated portfolio which may include several offices and service types. This will require effective time management to meet deadlines, KPI’s and service level agreements that contribute to ensuring a successful credit and risk function in the professional services sector.
About the company and department
RSM UK is part of the international RSM network, RSM UK has over 4000 staff based in 32 offices across the UK. We are the 7th largest accountancy and business advisory firm nationally and the 6th largest internationally.
Our vision is for RSM to be known as a great place to work. We strive to have a credible reputation for supporting and inspiring our people to succeed, achieving this through quality training and development, inspiring leadership, a drive for excellence in all we do, a focus on wellbeing and an authentic culture that is founded on the principle of authentic inclusion.
- Proficient communicator able to demonstrate effective and successful soft skills whilst maintaining the upmost of professionalism and client service
- To adopt the appropriate communication style best suited for our varied client base
- Time managed, organised and be used to working in a KPI and SLA environment
- Cultivate successful working relationships with stakeholders, (often very senior within the organisation) and feel confident to hold direct meetings with them
- Confident in working with and demonstrating the various in-house reports that support the role
- Co-ordinate dispute resolution, negotiation/mediation, identify risk and take action accordingly
- Achieve cash collection target whilst reducing aged profile. Mitigating bad debt and having the required knowledge to organise insolvency procedures where unavoidable
- Flexibility to support colleagues and other departments when required, which requires methodical and accurate attention to detail (i.e. cash allocation)
- Will be using Outlook, Excel, TEAMs, intranet reports and in-house collection system
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.