Senior Audit Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands and financial institutions, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
The EY Malta Assurance Department specialises in delivering high quality and efficient audit and advisory services to a portfolio of clients, understanding the enterprise-wide view of business risk and how this risk can be effectively managed. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to evaluate business processes and controls, and advanced technology in knowledge sharing.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you continue to build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
- Manage assurance engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with the partner and execute it in compliance with company’s policies and protocols
- When required, you will personally execute complex audit procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement
- Monitor the assurance team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Generate new audit business opportunities
- Coach and develop people by sharing knowledge with team members and helping team members attain experiences that cultivate technical competencies
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/on-the-job training
- Maintain cooperative relationships with other assurance teams
- Develop and maintain long-term productive client relationships and networks
- Masters in Accounts, ACA/CA/ACCA or an equivalent international qualification
- minimum of 4 years’ experience at audit manager level
- Significant experience leading, planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements.
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent grasp of risk and quality and risk management procedures
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.