Audit Senior Associate (HCM Office)
In order to meet the demand of our growing practices, we’re looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the position of Audit Senior supporting the Audit & Assurance Services of our Ho Chi Minh city office. Detailed tasks and required qualifications for this position are as follows:
Overall Role Purpose: To work as part of the team, leading on-site audit teams, effectively providing hands-on compliance and/or advisory role that meets or exceeds client expectations and supports the partner/manager team.
- Proactively identifies clients' needs that can be satisfied from the firm's services and inform the manager/ partner.
- Involved in the office marketing events and is an 'ambassador' of the firm
- Audit work includes planning, detailed audit testing, and the preparation of audit deliverables, including audit plans, audit findings documents, and statutory accounts.
- Takes an active part in the audit planning discussions to identify audit risks and appropriate audit strategy.
- Leads audit planning discussions to identify audit risks and understands the rational for the audit strategy adopted.
- Communicates any issues relating to an audit with the manager or partner including matters which arise during the audit which were not identified at the planning stage.
- Develops good working relationships with client staff with whom you will have the most contact.
- Adheres to the firm's risks management policies and procedures, including being familiar with and consulting the audit manual.
- Prepare draft key issue Memoranda, demonstrating an understanding for the client's business and ready for review by the manager, using a good standard of English.
- Proactive in managing client expectations Maintains an understanding of audit methodology, challenging the audit approach and recommending improvements for greater robustness and efficiency. Contributes to departmental and office meetings and makes presentations at technical meetings. Delegates work with other members of the audit team, ensuring associates understand their responsibilities and have received appropriate on-the-job training/coaching.
Operations and results
- Consistently achieves deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service. Communicates workload with manager or partner. Controls the audit in relation to timescales and risk management procedures
- Initiative: Demonstrate a thirst to understand how your role fits in and seeks opportunities to contribute beyond your own role. Adaptability: Shows agility and easily adjusts to changing work situations. Ownership: Takes responsibility for own actions and learns from experience.
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA, CPAA) is preferable
- Minimum of 3 years in a professional services/corporate environment, working as an auditor
- Able to communicate in English, both oral and written;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good at English and Microsoft Office skills