UAE National | Reporting Lead | Finance & Auditing | Al Futtaim Retail | Dubai,UAE
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
Ultimately responsible for timely completion of all External audit activities and statutory reporting requirements including Financial statements, Turnover certificates and IFRS reporting.
Ensure that the business activities are conducted in accordance with the Financial Control Models (FCM), and that financial impact are measured and reported following the accounting standards and Group reporting instructions.
You will also support the definition of local financial policies and ensure that the adherence to both local and global reporting standard are controlled.
What you will do
- Perform the preparation of consolidated accounts for the Division and in-country statutory report on an accurate, efficient and timely basis
- Ensure preparation of statutory accounts in accordance with SFRS/IFRS, group policy, and the statutory requirement of each country within which the business operates.
- Uniform Accounting and reporting standards across all legal entities. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of statutory accounts in full compliance of group accounting policies, SFRS and IFRS.
- Ensure any key matters and internal control points arising from external audits are followed up and satisfactorily resolved
- Be a proactive driver of continuous improvement
- Perform monthly financial reviews to eliminate any reporting inconsistencies prior to each audit period / financial statement preparation period
- Ensure all Group Financial reporting requirements (HY / YE / Statistical Data & Variance analysis) are completed as per deadlines set
- Assist in the Audit guides/communications/planning
- Ensure CAS data is provided timely and accurately
- Assist Auditors in responding to their queries promptly
- Review audit comments/issues and suggest corrective action as necessary
- Ensure all audit adjustments are recorded correctly
TREASURY & LENDER REPORTING
- Ensure financial and statutory reports, and financial/pro-forma information are prepared and made available to the Treasury team on a timely basis to comply with bank facilities and lending reporting requirements
- Ensure accurate and timely financial information is provided for corporate tax and indirect tax computations for in-country tax filings, and adequate documentation and record-keeping system is maintained to comply with local tax regulations.
- Ensure all turnover certificates are produced timely to mitigate any potential penalties
Other Key Responsibilities
- To liaise with relevant managers and stakeholders to ensure full collaboration and understanding on critical topics.
- Contribute to the improvement of the solutions and business processes.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge, management skills and domain expertise by using continuous learning & development tools.
- Contribution to business excellence initiatives
- Peer appreciation and feedback
- Continual development of team and product application skills
- Maintain an excellent rapport with the business.
Required skills to be successful
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- PC skills
- Analysis and troubleshooting
- Strong technical account knowledge and audit experience needed
- Solid experience in International Financial Accounting Standards (IFRS).
- Understanding of internal controls
What equips you for the role
- Big Four Audit experience with 2 years industry experience
- Managerial experience of at least 2 years
- Knowledge of SAP BPC or SAP Business Warehouse will be highly regarded
- Extensive use of Excel
- Retail experience is a plus
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.