We are seeking a commercially-driven Business Analyst to join our rapidly growing organisation within the media space, and sink their teeth into an integral role with real impacts on business performance. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our senior leadership team to: analyse staff utilisation, lead gross profit and contribution analysis, forecast live revenue and new business pipelines, and lead the implementation and process of our new timesheet platform.
At your core, you’ll be responsible for designing and building new models & reports and presenting your findings to a variety of stakeholders to better inform our future strategic decisions. You’ll also have the scope to create, design and implement processes to drive efficiencies in communication between our core departments.
Whilst a formal accounting background is not necessarily required, this role will sit within the Finance function and report directly to the Head of Finance. You’ll be expected to have proficient knowledge of Google Suite and advanced Excel/modelling skills. You’ll have meticulous attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast paced varied environment with tight deadlines.
Please note, this role will be required to work from our Wimbledon office at least once a week (dependant on workload).
- Weekly project Gross Profit analysis and reporting
- Weekly staff utilisation analysis and utilisation forecasting
- Provide insight into business performance in terms of underlying drivers which explain variances to budgets and forecasts
- Analysing and presenting business/market trends to support commercial business critical decisions
- Managing the implementation and process of our new timesheet platform
- Supporting the wider finance team on ad-hoc projects where required
- 2+ year's experience in a Business Analyst role (or equivalent)
- Previous experience within the media industry
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA part / fully qualified
- Previous experience working in a small/medium rapidly growing business and the typical challenges associated with this
Dimension is a global leader in volumetric and virtual production, creating real-time virtual worlds and virtual humans for film, TV, virtual reality, augmented reality, and the Metaverse. We are shaping the future of entertainment and transforming filmmaking and XR content creation via our revolutionary production studios and pioneering technologies.
We employ over 80 curious and creative minds and work with some of the world's most exciting brands, media and entertainment companies. Our recent hits include work for Coldplay, BTS, Disney, Marvel, Balenciaga, Netflix, Sky, Sir David Attenborough, Madonna, Sam Smith, and more.
We offer a competitive salary and a range of other benefits including flexible hours, as well as unrivalled access to state-of-the-art technologies and innovations in our space. We encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds.