Accounts Payable Assistant
Contractual Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week or Part time 30 hours per week
About BIMM Institute
BIMM Institute has colleges in eight highly creative cities – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe. BIMM Institute’s colleges have over 35 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the Music, Film, and Performing Arts Industries. Our vision is to work hand in hand with the creative industries to offer a unique educational environment that nurtures talent and enables future generations to find their place within the creative arts. Our values are at the core of our success; Believe in Everyone, Challenge the Norm, Grow Together, Own It and Do the Right Thing.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education courses in popular music, performing arts and film and screen – including BA(Hons)/BMus Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and MAs. Our professional highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in music performance, performing arts, songwriting, music production, music business, event management, music marketing media and communication, film and screen.
The Accounts Payable Assistant role forms part of the Accounts Payable team and plays a significant part in ensuring the company pays its suppliers, freelance tutors and expenses in the most accurate and timely fashion. The role is line managed by the Finance Operations Manager and the scope includes all BIMM entities including our portfolio of Colleges in the UK, Ireland and Germany, as well as central group functions such as Marketing and Admissions teams.
• Monitoring AP inbound mailboxes and organising inbound invoices for processing
• Identifying the appropriate invoice or PO approval route and facilitating and documenting approvals from senior management as guided by the companies’ approval matrix
• Processing invoices and PO’s on our ERP system
• Escalating payment queries where appropriate
• Monitoring aged creditors and proposing due payments
• Communicating with suppliers and managing supplier relations
• Liaising with colleagues across the business to support invoice processing and coding of invoices to the appropriate General Ledger accounts
• Creating and reviewing payment reports, ensuring control requirements are met
• Loading payments into our banking portals and reconciling amounts back to the ERP system
• Reviewing bank balances and suggesting intra-account transfers to support payment runs
• Checking employee expense claims against policy and processing them in the AP subledger
• Maintaining and improving supplier static data such as addresses, payment terms, and other contact details
• Suggesting and improving processes with the support of the Finance Operations Manager
• Working with suppliers AR teams to reconcile accounts, request invoice copies, send remittances and payment information
• Analyse and process credit card statements and associated receipts from credit card holders
• Support bank account reconciliation
• Support cash flow forecasting
• Support year end and internal Audit with walkthroughs and providing evidence of control process
• Experience of working in an accounts payable function
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• IT literate, particularly Excel
• Strong numerical skills and attention to detail
• Strong customer service skills
• Experience of Finance Systems, notable Sage 200 and / or SAP BYDesign
• Experience in the further and/or higher education sector
• Exposure to foreign currency transactions and an understanding of VAT rules
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed by their line manager.
We are committed to establishing a culture of inclusivity across BIMM, so that we truly represent the diversity of our students and the creative industries, both in what we teach and how we work.
All posts are subject to Right to Work and DBS checks.