Financial Reporting – Markets Lead - VP
The Capital Markets Reporting Lead will be responsible for Capital Markets business financial reporting and analysis delivered to Finance’s key stakeholders which include Irish EU Regulators and key senior management. The key reports includes IFRS consolidated financial statements, FinRep and monthly management reporting.
Ireland Finance includes approximately 25 professional staff overseeing 4 core legal vehicles, the largest of which Citibank Europe plc has assets of circa $90 billion and branches in 22 European countries. Since 2016 the bank has been supervised jointly by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and European Central Bank (ECB).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understanding, analysis and oversight of the Capital Markets business results and disclosures in the financial and management reporting
- Supporting key strategic initiatives relating to the growing Capital markets business in Citibank Europe plc as it impacts the Financial Reporting team in Ireland.
- Point of contact for any regulatory deliverables on Capital Markets business
- Working across offices – responsible for maintaining strong and effective engagement with Finances colleagues in Hungary, London and Mumbai who support the production of reporting submissions as well as with Finance, Risk and Capital Markets Business partners in Ireland
- Performing various control functions within financial and regulatory reporting.
Knowledge / Experience (Required)
- Strong knowledge of Markets Products for e.g. Different types of Financial Instruments including Derivatives (Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, Forwards and Options)
- Experience in reporting and analysis of Capital Markets business and presenting to senior management
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS Accounting Standards for e.g. IFRS9, IFRS 7, Fair Value Classification and Levelling
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, would be beneficial
- Experience in Product Control or Valuations of Financial Instruments would be beneficial.
- Flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life - work balance
- Career management and mentoring by senior colleagues with continuous career progression opportunities internally
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality is widely recognized
- A socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities
- A supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- Strong analytical and business judgments skills
- Excellent quantitative, written and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet reporting and project deadlines
- Ability to motivate colleagues and collaborate effectively
- Good presentation skills both verbally and written
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.