R2R Accountant (12 month role)
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. At Apple, we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have envisioned, and now can't imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job. Just be prepared to dream big!
We believe that collaboration is one of our key strengths, and every day we will connect you with your peers and colleagues, at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you'll contribute to our success, and be a key player within the function.
As an R2R Accountant for several of our Irish entities, you will work in the Global Business Solutions (GBS) Record to Report (R2R) team. This is a key role in a fast-paced environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
This role will give phenomenal exposure to not only the Record to Report team but also the wider Apple organisation. If you love working in a high functioning team, are flexible and passionate about interacting with a range of people locally and globally, great at building relationships and love working on projects, then this position is an exciting opportunity for you.
- Statutory financial statements and corporate income tax return compliance experience
- Strong business insight
- Independent, tenacious, self-starter
- You will need strong analytical abilities to evaluate, analyse and present data to a broad audience
- Strong work ethic, perseverance and flexibility
- Meticulous attention to detail & ability to drive precise execution within ambitious time scales
- Practical, focused approach to problem solving and operational improvement
- Ability to build effective relationships in a cross-functional team environment
- Advanced numeracy and Excel skills
In this role you will be responsible for the accounting, US GAAP, local statutory and tax compliance for a number of legal entities in EMEIA.
The successful candidate will:
- Be the key point of contact for these entities with overall financial accounting responsibility; preparing high quality financial statements, corporate income tax returns and other required compliance filings. To do this effectively you will be required to partner closely within R2R and the GBS pillars as well as with the EMEIA Tax, Corporate Legal and VAT Compliance teams.
- Manage the relationship with external advisors and statutory auditors for the statutory and tax compliance cycles.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly close process for entities under your control is implemented flawlessly and that the month end close timetable is followed by accounting functions supporting the regional close.
- Liaise with other Accountants and Accounting Managers in R2R to ensure that consistent processes are applied across all regions and that there is consistent treatment of corporate finance policies.
- Assist the R2R team in all external audits, including tax audits from governmental agencies.
- Establish and maintain a strong control environment to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements and ensuring processes are compliant for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Ensure appropriate systems, processes, tools and business relationships exist to enable effective legal entity controllership and compliance.
- Support GBS initiatives and ad-hoc projects as requested
- Develop with the role to expand responsibilities within the GBS organisation.
Education & Experience
Qualified accountant 3 years + post qualified experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.