Financial Accountant - External Reporting & Compliance
Role: External Reporting and Compliance Accountant
Purpose of role:
You will be responsible for ensuring Primark meet all our statutory and compliance obligations. This role will require a deep understanding of the Primark and ABF group structure and you will be expected to proactively engage with various senior stakeholders to ensure deadlines are achieved. You will be expected to bring a commercial mindset to this role providing finance support to the Primark’s international markets as required.
Reports to: External reporting and compliance manager
- Timely and accurate completion of statutory obligations. This will require strong coordination skills, in particular within Finance teams (reporting, compliance, operations, tax, treasury etc) & with external Audit Teams (Dublin and Local teams across Europe).
- Familiarise yourself with local GAAP requirements of entities you are responsible for.
- Perform review of the financial statements of entities in advance of period-end close working alongside the financial reporting team to ensure these financial statements are accurate
- Set up and ongoing maintenance of secondary ledgers.
- Key contact with legal and in particular cosec, coordinating board meetings with directors and attendance at same where required.
- Support of International projects in your market as required, e.g. Brexit, new systems rollouts.
- Involvement in technical financial accounting advice, researching the impact of accounting policy decisions on the business and advising of relevant changes.
- Preparation of statutory accounts and all other statutory obligations for relevant international legal entities.
- Review financial reporting to works councils to ensure consistency in approach (while meeting our obligations) and supporting our local P&C/Retail teams.
- Management of budget, tracking spend and ensuring compliance with internal professional fee governance rules.
- Review of cosec and accounting advisors, including lead on tenders and meetings on same (internal and external).
- Ensure proper books and records are held in all jurisdictions and are in accordance with local requirements (tax, accounting, legal etc).
- Support the preparation of periodic financial and management accounts as necessary
- Any other tasks and ad hoc projects as required by management
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Newly Qualified (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) with 2 - 4 years’ experience (experience working in or with retail industry an advantage).
- Excellent Project Management skills – demonstrated ability to manage projects and teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Excellent attention to detail while also demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic.
- English is essential and other European language would be an advantage.
- Organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to influence.
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
- Working with Others; Influences with passion and energy, exciting people in their vision
- Decision Making; Makes informed decisions with pace and confidence, in difficult and pressured situations
- Self-Direction and Agility; Promotes a culture of optimism, enthusiasm and mutual support
- Customer Experience; Understands, always considers and delivers for their customer. Demonstrates a high level of trust, collaboration, confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Innovation; Implements a plan for managing and responding to innovative ideas and business opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.