Head of Business Process Management (Alternatives) - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.Role:
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Divisional Manager to lead the Alternatives BPA Team. We are looking for an innovative business process manager to optimize our existing and future business processes. You will be documenting our current processes, recommending improvements, and evaluating the efficiency of changes made to our business processes.
Why choose a career Private Equity in Northern Trust?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Alternatives area has grown to over 100 partners in our Limerick office alone
- We offer a full end to end service to our Private Capital clients across EMEA, including fund accounting, financial reporting and investor reporting services giving our staff wide exposure and experience. No one day is the same in Alternatives
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
- Manages the Alternatives BPA team from our Limerick office (hybrid)
- Determining and outlining business process improvements
- Evaluating employee needs, internal workflows and existing business processes
- Overseeing detailed business analysis and process reengineering projects
- Collaborating with business and IT leaders to create new process designs
- Interpreting complex data and business metrics for relevant stakeholders
- Documenting business process modeling activities for future reference
- Coordinating business process improvement strategies with internal stakeholders
- Overseeing all aspects related to the implementation stages of business process improvement initiatives
- Analysing and monitoring implemented changes to business processes and making adjustments as needed
- Guiding and supervising partners who were assigned specific tasks
- Understanding business needs as they relate to a potential change or transformation
- Gathering, identifying and documenting business requirements
- Explaining technical jargon to non-technical/commercial teams
- Simplifying requirements, so they are easily understood across the whole team / stakeholders
- Business process modelling and improving business processes
- Identifying costs and business savings
- Oversee the implementation, testing and deploying solutions to business problems
- Supporting business transition and helping to establish change
- Support the creation of functional specifications for new systems and processes
- Acting as an advisor to senior managers and executive teams
- Performing ongoing analyses on business processes related to productivity, quality, costs, and time management
- Presenting progress reports and integrating feedback
- Provides leadership and guidance to partners, fostering an environment which encourages partner participation, teamwork and communication
- Several years’ experience in a managerial role at a senior level
- Bachelor's degree in business management, project management, or in a related field is desirable
- At least two years' experience in business process management in a related industry
- Exceptional leadership, collaboration, and communication skills
- Superb recordkeeping, time management and organizational skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact effectively with the most senior leaders in the business
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team
- Self-motivated and supportive of colleagues
- Used to working to tight timescales, milestones and deliverables
- Ability to challenge status quo and offer up ideas and innovation
- Actively participate in systems development projects
- Participate in the continuous development and enhancement of work flows and processes to reflect the changing control environment
- Risk aware entrepreneurship
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay ReviewWork Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance ProgramProfessional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.