Credit Risk Officer (Mortgage Originators / FIs)
Do you want to serve as a Credit Officer managing and assessing the counterparty credit risk to independent mortgage originators in the U.S.? Are you interested in fundamental credit analysis and engaging with decision makers across our firm?
We are looking for someone like this to:
• evaluate counterparty credit risk associated with trading and lending activities with mortgage originators, and to a lesser extent, other non-depository financial institutions.
• lead credit risk engagements with respect to trading of MBS (mortgage-backed securities) and warehouse lending.
• prepare written counterparty annual reviews/credit proposals for submission and presentation to management providing recommendations on appropriate trading limits and guidelines and drawing conclusions related to credit assessment and risk tolerance based on analysis of both quantitative and qualitative factors, including fundamental credit analysis, quality of management, and other factors.
• interact with counterparties to conduct due diligence, obtain relevant information to complete credit requests and escalate issues that may arise related to suitability and authority to trade certain products.
• monitor counterparty credit quality on an ongoing basis.
• ensure the integrity of data in credit and other systems.
• liaise with front office and support staff to service clients and resolve issues (e.g. limit violations, financial updates, risk mitigating actions).
• participate in negotiations of trading documentation, where applicable
• identify trends and developments in the industry
• work independently on ad-hoc projects
The US Credit Risk Control Real Estate team aligned with the Investment Bank is responsible for supervising credit relationships and exposures across a wide variety of products and sectors, though this role requires specialized experience assessing mortgage originators supporting MBS trading and warehouse lending
Diversity helps us grow, together. That's why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
•ideally 6+ years of experience and demonstrated expertise in a similar position or related financial services position
•knowledge of US financial markets, securities and banking industries, and traded products especially trading of MBS
•prior experience analyzing the financial condition of companies, particularly mortgage banks/originators
•knowledge of and experience with forward settling mortgage-backed securities and mortgage warehouse lending
•understanding and experience with regulated and unregulated mortgage originators is essential
•knowledge of and experience with MSFTAs and their role in counterparty credit evaluation
•we are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Strong emphasis is placed on the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and perform ad hoc analyses.
•the candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable working both independently and closely with others, as needed, and have strong analytical skills
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.