CIT Product Specialist
Chicago, Illinois, United States; Stamford, Connecticut, United States; Tempe, Arizona, United States; West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
The Northern Trust Asset Management Collective Investment Trust (CIT) Product Management Team is seeking an individual with experience to support CIT product management functions. The individual, while under general supervision, works independently most of the time.
The CIT Product Management team is responsible for the oversight of the funds. The role requires partnering and coordination with strategic product, investment strategists, relationship team, portfolio management, operations, legal, risk, and compliance. The role also includes engagement with the funds’ administrator, Northern Trust Global Funds Services.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the efficient operation of the funds
- Works with various teams to prepare and complete required market documentation related to openings, fund registrations, tax matters, etc.
- Assists in the fund launch and closure process, eventually developing expertise to lead these activities
- Understands the roles and responsibilities of the upstream and the downstream processes/partner areas
- Serve as a liaison to the partner areas
- Proactively engage internal and/or external parties to ensure compliance with any market or tax requirements
- Assists in monitoring and reviewing the performance of fund service providers
- Partners with technology and operational support teams for product, business, and/or system enhancements
- Facilitates discussions and reaches decisions
- Assists with providing periodic updates and metrics to management and NTI Board
- Supports broader team initiatives, which may include reviewing fund fact sheets, updating fund documentation, fund rationalization, CIT analysis, reviewing fund expenses and enhancing procedures
*Open to considering hires in Chicago, Stamford, West Palm Beach, and Tempe. We offer a flexible/hybrid schedule.
Necessary experience and education
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or other relevant area
- 10+ years of experience with investment products, fund servicing or equivalent
- Prior experience in fund administration and/or fund accounting would be preferred
Necessary knowledge and skills
- Understanding of common and collective fund structures and operations would be desirable
- Motivated and self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle completion of competing priorities
- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiency
- Knowledge on Fund Accounting systems and IIP would be an added advantage (For internal applicants)
About Northern Trust asset management
As a global leader in investment management, Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) serves the world’s most-sophisticated investing clients – from sovereign wealth funds, pension plan sponsors and financial intermediaries to wealthy families and the advisors that serve them. Northern Trust Asset Management manages approximately $1 Trillion in client assets contributing over $1 Billion in annual revenue to the Northern Trust Corporation.
Working with US
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.