Compensation & Benefits Team Lead - LATAM
Compensation & Benefits Team Lead - LATAM
Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a Global Energy company?
Do you enjoy contributing to business growth?
Be part of a team that keeps moving
Our Global Finance Controllership Team provides support for
the business for technical accounting compliance, financial and operational
internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to
deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis.
Partner with the best
Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance,
financial and operational internal controls, process simplification and
operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and
analysis. Position requires a thorough understanding and application of
approaches, theories, methodologies and application in a concrete
As a Compensation & Benefits Team Lead - LATAM, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of Compensation & Benefits Accounting Analysts in handling the closing activities, ensuring completion in accordance to timeline and set guidelines.
- Preparing, document and keep up to date processes for accounting role.
- Providing advice and support to the team with regards to correcting entries required.
- Understanding and interpreting applicable Enterprise Standards, SOP and Process Maps to deliver globally competitive financial process/accounting services.
- Using SAP and Oracle analysis of various company codes which involves analysis of other general accounts as well on a regular basis and advising improvements and corrective actions.
- Implementing best practices in Global Finance Organization and standard processes which benchmark global best practices.
- Working closely with External and Internal Auditors to assist in completion of all audits.
- Ensuring timely submission of timesheets.
- Analyzing and provide explanation for payroll variances.
- Advising Functional managers or other Functions regarding approaches, processes and procedures in the in the Compensation & Benefits field.
- Managing communication with direct colleagues and the business about approach and methods for solving complex problems.
- Leading the project of medium sized or is a major contributor to bigger projects, as required.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- Have minimum 8 years’ experience in General Accounting or Financial Reporting or Compensation & Benefits.
- Have experience in Shared Service and Oil & Gas industry will be added advantage.
- Have familiarity with ERP systems, such as Oracle or SAP.
- Have knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Have good attention to detail with good analytical skills.
- Be detail-oriented with good written and verbal communication skills
- Be proficient in MS Office with a focus on Excel/ Macro.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Occasional home working possible.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.