Manager - ArcReporting Strategy and Support
Who we are looking for:
The purpose of the job is to provide end to end support to investment company clients for timely completion of preparation of financial statements, portfolio schedules and associated mandatory reporting’s within stringent deadlines for audit/review and successful submission to the regulators.
Selected candidates will be required to work at shifts which allow reasonable overlap with US, APAC and EMEA hours and allow for trainings, on the job practice, feedback etc.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As an Officer you will:
- Assist in managing project plans for the onboarding of new clients into Financial Reporting.
- Assist AVP and Financial Reporting teams to ensure production issues related to ArcReporting are resolved timely.
- Maintain oversight on assignment/action on dataload and user administration requests within 24 business hours of receipt of IMT into ArcReporting queue.
- Maintain oversight on New Fund/Class setups to be completed within 48 business hours of receipt of IMT into ArcReporting queue.
- Complete/Initiate if multiple steps, all quarterly Risk Reducing Activities per the Support Activity Checklist by Expected Date of Completion.
- Collaborate with Financial Reporting teams to manage the implementation of all standard practices, processes, tools, etc. and initiatives (ESP) and technology enhancements. Periodically audit results.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
- Responsible for development of Senior Associates and Associates (i.e., direct day to day activities, provide Arc training and guidance, review work)
- Actively participate and provide feedback on any ArcReporting initiatives (builds, parallels, testing).
- Coordinate meetings with Financial Reporting teams to discuss pain points, make suggestions for improvements and institute action plans. Follow up and ensure completion of those action plans.
- Researching and updating issues on existing builds in the ArcReporting application, submitted via internal inquiry management system.
- Vendor management and communication on open support tickets, ensuring solution and closure within client expected timeframe.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere.
- Desire and commitment to learn technical aspects of each deliverable.
- Ability to communicate with various internal teams to resolve inquiries and understanding when to escalate.
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance, MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP/ IFRS etc.
- Demonstrates strong technology skills, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management skills
- 10+ years to 12+ years of experience in related Mutual Fund/Hedge fund Financial Reporting /accounting or finance field preferred, including previous experience in managing staff
- Knowledge of Mutual Fund structures, designs & hierarchies, standalone funds, master-feeder funds, 40 Act funds and the role of each entity in the fund structure
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.