Finance Analyst, IB&M Business Partnering
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) services the Group’s major corporate, institutional and government clients, creating customised solutions based on specific needs, industry trends and market conditions.
CommBank iQ is a joint venture between the Commonwealth Bank and Quantium, established to unlock the power of Australia’s largest aggregated and de-identified transaction banking dataset through leading analytics and artificial intelligence. This unique partnership enables businesses and institutions to analyse trends, overcome challenges, and create better, more targeted products and services for Australians.
IB&M Finance supports the business in providing financial control, financial analysis and insight, product control, regulatory accounting and related project and strategy implementation support.
This role sits in the IB&M Forecasting & Capital Reporting team, as part of IB&M Centre Finance.
This role has regular interactions with:
- CommBank iQ business and Leadership team
- IB&M Finance
- Cross-Business Unit Finance teams
- Quantium Finance team
Do work that matters
- Involvement in the management of finance processes and deliverables for the CommBank iQ business, by partnering with key stakeholders (both within and outside of CBA) to perform / deliver:
- Month-end financial control, including ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the general ledger;
- Monthly performance reporting, including preparation of management reports for senior IB&M, Quantium and CommBank iQ stakeholders;
- Monthly forecasting and annual budget setting preparation; and
- Other areas such as project expense management, BAS returns, and maintenance of revenue recognition and cost sharing arrangements.
- Supporting the Financial Controller, CommBank iQ to deliver ad-hoc business analytics and insights, based on the needs of senior stakeholders across CommBank iQ (e.g. frontline business heads, CommBank iQ Executive Committee), IB&M (e.g. IB&M Centre Finance General Manager and IB&M CFO), and Quantium (CommBank iQ’s joint venture partner).
- Proactively improve processes and support continuous process improvement, such as creating, maintaining and updating documentation for key responsibilities and processes.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA or CPA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Experience in accounting and financial management (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, performance reporting and analysis)
- Well-developed numeracy and analytical skills: identifying key issues, trends and themes
- Intermediate Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve, multi task, manage and meet deadlines
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to innovate and drive process improvements
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 08/06/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.