At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands and financial institutions, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
The EY Malta Assurance Department specialises in delivering high quality and efficient audit and advisory services to a portfolio of clients, understanding the enterprise-wide view of business risk and how this risk can be effectively managed. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to evaluate business processes and controls, and advanced technology in knowledge sharing.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you continue to build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on client sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Review work prepared by audit personnel for sign off by the Senior Manager or Partner.
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (IFRS and Local GAAP) and in related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate expertise in methodology to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with International standards of Auditing (ISA).
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver the Management Letter to be provided to the client.
Your people responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Organizing your team in such a way that processes, roles & responsibilities are clear and work is efficiently and equally divided amongst colleagues.
- Coach and stimulate more junior profiles in view of the right achievements and personal development and provide more senior executives with inputs in order to properly proceed to the performance review of counselees.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm’s audit methodology.
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements.
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes.
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions.
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues.
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Masters in Accounts, ACA/CA/ACCA or an equivalent international qualification.
- minimum of 2 years’ experience at audit manager level.
- Significant experience leading, planning, execution and reporting on audits.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management.
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements.
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP.
- Excellent grasp of risk and quality and risk management procedures.
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.