Consultant - EMEIA Indirect Tax Compliance
The GCR team comprises over 225 dynamic individuals spread across 13 countries and more than 20offices. We have specialist tax and finance skill sets spanning the areas of indirect Tax Compliance, Service Management, Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting, Statutory Reporting, Finance BPO, Funds Tax Management, and payroll. We focus on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally, and delivering on their transformation agendas. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
Our indirect tax compliance professionals support large multinational clients with their indirect tax obligations in EMEIA and globally. Dealing with the indirect tax compliance requirements is the heart of the operations but this goes hand in hand with VAT advisory and technology support which we provide or coordinate with our specialist teams. We apply a client-centric approach meaning that our professionals are organized per client, and not per country or region,to maximize the knowledge of our client’s business.
With our breadth of service offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
Join our fast-growing global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team as an a Consultant in Hungary and you will have the opportunity to work on EY’s largest multi-country client engagements. We deploy strong multi-skilled teams working seamlessly across countries and service lines, with major hubs in the UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Romania and Hungary.
Your key responsibilities
As a staff/assistant, you will be working with a selection of clients where you are the preparer or reviewer for the VAT/GST compliance outsourced to EY, including:
- Preparation and review of indirect tax returns across Europe
- Act as central point of contact – liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to European VAT and VAT compliance
- Demonstrate an understating of basic tax concepts and proactively increases tax knowledge through client assignments and current tax developments
- Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve the VAT compliance processes
- Coordinate VAT compliance advisory, technology and audit support
- Actively participate to the training and coaching session in your development plan to ensure continuous development of your technical knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
- Innovative & problem resolution focus with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with project management capabilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team
- A desire to learn and develop into the role
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor/master’s degree in economics or equivalent, potentially with a supplementary degree in fiscal matters.
- Basic understanding of media VAT compliance and other compliance activities such as statutory accounting and corporate tax compliance
- Knowledge of IT systems and VAT/GST reporting solutions
- Basic knowledge about functioning/usage of ERP-systems
- Proficiency in MS Excel and basic knowledge of other MS Office, Web-based applications.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Fluent in English – written and spoken. Any additional European language is an asset
- Excellent communication across cultures and within a virtual working environment
What we look for
Experienced professionals who want to join our fast-growing team and accept the challenge to provide high quality service to our clients and to continuously improve
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with Flex EY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptionally experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.