Director, Operational Risk Controller
Are you ready to work in the second line of defense for the top global wealth manager and a large retail bank? Can you build relationships and influence outcomes, as well as develop and implement innovative solutions?
On the Operational Risk Control team at UBS Global Wealth Management (GWM) you will primarily have regular interaction with business and Compliance partners, management in the Business, and partner with stakeholders from various business and control functions to ensure that we remain in compliance with all applicable banking laws and regulations and within operational risk tolerance.
Specifically, you will:
• provide challenge to the First Line of Defense's risk-taking and risk assessments
• evaluate new products and initiatives from an operational risk perspective
• provide consultation on new initiatives, business objectives, processes, risk events, controls, and/or monitoring
• evaluate the operational risk profile and risk analysis for the business, culminating in monthly and quarterly Operational Risk reporting and governance forums
• work across the multiple dimensions of operational risk programs and understand how they impact UBS Bank USA (BUSA) and the mitigation required
• influence executives on key operational risks and actions required to mitigate risk
• as needed, develop ad-hoc analysis, deep dive investigations, control testing, and drive specific risk initiatives
You will be working with our Chief Compliance Officer, Bank Compliance Officers (BCOs) and Compliance Monitoring & Testing team, in the Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance (GCRG) function of BUSA. The GCRG team help us ensure regulatory compliance with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations.
Additionally, you'll be part of the GWM Americas Operational Risk team, led by the Head of GWM Americas Operational Risk Control. This is a driven and diverse team of professionals, with oversight responsibility for managing the compliance and operational risks arising from our business activities across the Americas.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That's why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a Bachelor's degree or international equivalent is preferred
• ideally 8+ years of prior operational risk experience with a financial institution - particularly in banking, or at a regulatory agency or major consulting firm
• successful experience of leadership, both in terms of people as well as projects and initiatives
• strong strategic, judgement and integrative thinking skills, risk management and risk assessment knowledge
• strong organizational, communication and influencing skills
• strong knowledge of consumer compliance banking laws/regulations, specifically Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) laws and regulations, Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act)
• broad understanding of financial products (including securities, banking products (e.g., mortgages, loans, etc.), advisory and managed programs) and how they are distributed to individual clients
• experience with an international, client-facing businesses (e.g., sales forces - including financial advisors, investment advisors)
• structured, rigorous, analytical and thorough in your approach with the ability to form defensible conclusions from risk assessments
• able to present to and respond effectively to senior internal and external stakeholders
• team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, able to calmly manage conflict and pressure in a demanding, high-volume environment
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.