Partner (Non-Equity) - Transfer Pricing - London
Our international tax professionals help multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy in order to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value. International Tax teams support clients’ cross-border transactions, assess their international tax strategies and provide a range of services such as transfer pricing policies and tax-effective supply chain management. As a member of this team, you’ll work on multidisciplinary projects helping clients develop integrated and far-sighted global strategies.
We help clients assess their international tax strategies and exposure and address a range of international tax issues. This may include planning expansion into new strategic or regional markets while working with colleagues to achieve accurate reporting in existing locations and to manage productive relationships with the tax authorities
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- Shape and articulate solutions to complex technical problems working with stakeholders from Ernst & Young, client and tax authority stakeholders
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Identify opportunities to involve other technical disciplines to expand the scope and value of services delivered
- Able to identify and manage areas of risk for clients and the firm, consulting appropriately
- Responsibility for day-to-day delivery of exceptional client service
- Build commercial networks and relationships internally and externally and manage resulting flows of opportunities
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training our people
- Involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategically and commercially aware
- Effective time management
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of the team
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Experienced Transfer Pricing tax practitioner
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
- Degree or postgraduate degree
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- You can read more here:https://www.ey.com/en_uk/careers/what-its-like-to-work-here
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.