Associate, Business Solutions Group - Kent, Maidstone
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
We are looking for an Accounts Senior to join our fast-paced Business Solutions team based in our Maidstone office.
- Preparation of financial statements for SME’s, FRS102.
- Basic preparation of Corporation Tax computations.
- Ad-hoc bookkeeping duties for our BSG clients using Sage, Xero or our client’s software as applicable.
- Preparation of periodical management accounts for our BSG clients and reporting in their required format.
- Client VAT Return preparation.
- Adhering to deadlines or at least notifying the client and Manager where problems are likely to arise.
- Take responsibility for your work and must be able to multi task in an organised manner. You must time plan your own work and client appointments.
- Meeting clients face-to-face and developing good rapport acting in a professional manner.
- Writing professional letters and emails to clients. Offer client’s a value added service, tailor accounts to client’s needs and recognise what information they are looking for from their reports and accounts. Understand their internal controls and where weaknesses are identified, suggest improvements.
- Ensure you understand the services that Crowe can offer and identify areas that a client could benefit from other services Helping others within the department and acting as a team player.
- Minimum AAT qualified, about to commence or already started ACCA – full study support provided.
- Working and up-to-date knowledge of IRIS software - training can be provided.
- High standard of Word and Excel.
- Bookkeeping using Sage/Xero - training can be provided.
- Experience in the preparation of year end accounts from incomplete records through to client sign off.
- Diligent and attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative, but also be a team player.
- Able to focus and concentrate in a busy working environment.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 28 June 2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.