Business Risk Manager Lead, Global Delivery, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
This role requires an experienced operation risk manager with more than 15 years’ experience in similar financial services and servicing/operational roles. The successful candidate will report to the Global Delivery Head of Business Risk and form part of a global team operating in locations across State Streets global footprint. The role can be based in Boston, Dublin or London.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for various assets including OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
The current remit of SSGD Business Risk Management (BRM) includes Assurance, Risk, Controls and Assessment activities, Business Continuity, Governance, Operational Risk Management and incident analysis, Compliance Program implementation, Risk Metrics, Event Management, Policy and regulatory change and Information Security.
Join us if influencing culture, implementing change and embedding controls is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Risk Manager Lead, Global Delivery, Managing Director you will
- Lead a functional area within the Global Delivery Business Risk Management organization
- Focus on
- core risk initiatives and programs with a focus on the management and resolution of incidents and operating model redesign
- taking an end to end view of various capabilities and transforming it to increase the efficacy and reduce the risks associated with such processes.
- providing thought leadership and support to the global risk and control efforts of the Global Delivery Business Risk Management organization
- in leading analyses of incidents which require communication with clients on root cause and resolution.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the BRM Function collaborating across the global function with functional leads, regional leads and legal entity leads
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to influence, obtain buy in and drive implementation of decisions
- Strategic mindset linking multiple aspects and initiatives to drive a wholistic view of the risk and control environment
- Excellent Communication skills
- Leading and developing team
- Ability to think on your feet (providing critical input and views)
- Being an effective mentor and coach
Education & preferred qualifications
- University Degree or equivalent
- More than 15 year experience in various financial services roles
- Leading a team
- Operational Risk Management experience or qualifications
- Fluent in English
Role will require some time in local office and some travel will be expected.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.