Equity Portfolio Management, State Street Global Advisors, AVP
The Implementation Portfolio Management team manages approximately 30 client portfolios that substantially replicate portfolios run by SSGA Stamford’s fundamental equity portfolio managers and analysts. In addition to client portfolio management, they also provide PM and portfolio support across a broad spectrum of processes and technologies to enhance the equity investment process.
- Leverage operational and investment knowledge to add capacity for Equity PMs & analysts to focus on core strategies by managing client accounts, client restrictions & cash flows
- Daily client cash flows, futures/ETF hedging & program trading
- Interface between portfolio managers, analysts and IT/Systems teams to maintain and enhance investment process data visualization tools
- Lead analysis and business requirements for investment data transformation project impacting fundamental equity team and investment processes
- Lead analysis, business requirements and investment team testing of data visualization dashboard migration to a new technology platform
- Act as a subject matter expert in support of key business initiatives and cross functional projects
- Drive operational efficiencies across fundamental equity team & supporting functions by identifying process improvement opportunities
- This role will have a project focus in addition to client portfolio management, as our team works through a data and technology platform transformation impacting many of our investment tools and processes
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in a finance and/or technology-related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an investment management organization preferably in the securities industry with a strong understanding of equity products
- Financial data knowledge/expertise with particular emphasis on Excel / Data Visualization tools
- Strong critical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills with ability to creatively problem solve
- Results driven
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening.
- MUST be willing to comply with pre-employment screening including but not limited to drug testing reference verification and background check.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Stamford CT
- 7+ years’ experience in investment management
- MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Working knowledge of portfolio performance analytics and accounting
- Prior finance- or operations-related functional experience
- Ability to understand complex concepts and relationships
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Experience using Bloomberg, TIBCO Spotfire, Tableau, Business Objects or other reporting tools
- Strong Excel/data analytics experience
- Strong client/service orientation
- Strong communication skills verbal written and presentation; ability to effectively communicate strategic with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and present to all levels of the organization
- Strong team player - excellent interpersonal skills able to develop strong working relationships with team members
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently; aptitude to self-direct and set priorities in a dynamic environment
- High energy level entrepreneurial mindset positive flexible attitude
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.