Core Operations, Off
Who we are looking for
We are searching for a Portfolio Administration Officer to provide operational support for portfolio management team and other various SSGA areas. Main responsibilities to include, but not limited to; cash reporting, trade confirmations, pricing/performance analysis, accounting oversight, reconciliations, client reporting, and adhoc requests. Expected to assist or lead on audit and compliance requests as needed. Must liaise between custodians, brokers, and traders to resolve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Portfolio Administration Officer you will be responsible for all daily aspects supporting SSGA’s money market business. This will include, but not limited to:
- Front to back trade management
- Cash reporting and reconciliations
- Performance oversight
- Position reconciliations
- Support of Portfolio Management staff
- Client reporting
- Corporate Actions
- Data maintenance
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Must work well in a team environment. Daily communication and handoffs are required to achieve our daily trading support and goals.
- Be proactive. We are seeking a candidate who continue to evolve and learn new tasks.
- Adopt a risk adverse mindset. Be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks throughout the day, ensuring financial impacts are minimized.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum BA in relevant field
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience.
- Strong accounting background
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Self-starter, proactive
- Strong understanding of fixed income, money markets, and short duration financial instruments
State Street is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.