Core Operations, AVP
Primary Responsibilities To be responsible for all aspects of operational management and oversight of Back Office Cash and Share Reconciliation for Transaction Services. The candidate will have direct oversight and responsibility to ensure cash and share recon breaks are eliminated in accordance with Senior Management Guidelines and establish root cause analysis to minimize reoccurring trends. In addition, the candidate will be providing a daily point of escalation for escalation and issue resolution. In depth understanding of Back Office Position Reconciliation and Operations is required as well as strong product knowledge and excellent relationship management skills.
- Manage all aspects of the Back Office cash and share recon business for the Transaction Services including Accounting to Custody Reconciliations and potentially 3rd Party.
- Closely monitor escalation queries and facilitate accurate and timely responses
- Drive forward global reconciliation directives. Particularly focused on root cause review and break elimination
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines and corpoate functions
- The development of our offshore partners, overseeing their growth and expansion creating a successful skilled workforce
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the lifecycle of a cash/security transaction.
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved.
- Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour
- Outstanding client service, influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic
- Effective decision making and prioritization skills
- Experience of working within a highly pressurized change management environment with an ability to stay calm, focused and resilient during challenging periods
- Displaying a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong accounting and custody operations experience withgood relationship management skills.
- Strong experience of interdepartmental communication and interaction at all levels
- Ideally knowledge of Recon and Transaction Operations systems and processes
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.