Senior Manager, Ethics & Compliance, Investigations
Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the team
The Ethics & Compliance team is a young team responsible for the ethics & compliance programme at Grab. We make an impact by ensuring that all Grabbers adhere to the Grab Way and abide by the 4Hs. Our team is made up of the Policy & Procedures team as well as the Investigations team. If you are looking for a collaborative environment and an innovative approach to Ethics & Compliance, then you should join our team!
Get to know the role
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Ethics & Compliance to be one of our lead investigators. We believe a successful candidate has prior regional investigations experience, a growth mindset and is a team player, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. This opportunity arises because of a vacancy created by internal mobility. In return, you will get an opportunity to be part of a meaningful mission and a fun team.
The day-to-day activities
- Conduct investigations arising out of whistleblowing channels or referrals; while ensuring adherence to the investigations protocol
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness
- Oversee internal reporting systems such as corporate compliance hotlines
- Work with the team on automation to enable investigations and Employee Relations case management to scale up
- Work with the team to develop dashboards to track and report key metrics, eg. work volume, KPI monitoring, case reporting, case management
- Work with the team to ensure regular reporting on investigations matters
- Consult with the Legal team as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues
- Collaborate with human resources departments to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action in cases of compliance violations
- Work with local or business teams to ensure adequate oversight and monitoring in all required areas
- Advise and educate business partners on lessons learnt from latest trends of fraud risks or wrongdoing from cases investigated by the team
- Work with the Insider Threat team to ensure adequate oversight and monitoring in all required areas
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies and/or procedures
- Design or implement improvements in communications, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards
- Verify that all internal and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated
- Independently lead discrete projects with cross functional groups within Grab
- Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility
- Prior experience in a compliance or investigations role
- Ability to work independently, self motivated, while being a team player
- Desire to learn more about, and develop in, compliance
- Receptiveness to coaching and mentoring which will be provided by the Head of Ethics & Compliance
- Ability to travel in the region is required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.