Private Equity Manager
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
Private Equity Department:
The Private Equity Team is based across a number of locations including Dublin, Luxembourg and New York. Your role will involve regular communication with our global offices whilst also partnering with colleagues and senior members of the team on a daily basis. This allows you to gain a wide range of experience and foster strong working relationships. We have an open and collaborative approach and look for everyone’s input when solving problems, this framework encourages professional development by empowering you to learn continuously and focus on more complex work as your experience progresses. Working in the PE department gives you exposure to new developments and forward-thinking approaches within our industry
A Private Equity Fund Accounting Manager will be required to manage the closed end fund accounting process within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Private Equity Director and Managing Director. They will manage the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations. They will assist in the development of client relationships and will require a detailed understanding of the service requirements for closed end fund administration.
Key Accountabilities of the Role:
- The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Private Equity team including:
- Capital Call and Distribution Processing
- Investor Allocations, waterfall creation and maintenance
- Performance reporting including IRRs
- Preparation of net asset value calculations and financial statements
- Ad hoc client and investor reporting
- Managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the relevant Private Equity Director to ensure consistency of service.
- Ensure the assigned accounting team operates within the clearly defined and documented control environment.
- Manage and develop client teams of up to 10 employees
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries escalated by Supervisor or Administrator.
- Develop and improve workflows and procedures.
- Review fee calculations and profit and loss allocations.
- Manage the audit process ensuring timely and successful completion of fund audits including preparation of fund financial statements.
- Investigate accounting implications of new products.
- Manage and complete client onboarding and transition
- Participate in development and presentation of fund accounting training.
- Manage private equity recruitment and performance evaluations.
- Responsible for fostering a collaborative team environment and developing the team’s growth as a whole.
- Responsible for supporting education and training among the team.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other stakeholder groups
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree. Min. 2.2 honors degree
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good people manager with the ability to coach and develop a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge – Investran experience ideal
- Committed to delivery of results
- Strong Client focus and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Take ownership of designated tasks on an individual and team basis
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ Ltd
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm with at least 3 of those at supervisor level is desired. Alternative Hedge Fund experience may be considered.