Global Business Services - Senior Manager - Bristol
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Global Business Services (“GBS”) is an autonomous service line within BDO’s Business Services and Outsourcing (“BSO”) stream. We work with a range of large corporate and multi-national clients, providing packaged outsourced accounting, payroll and compliance services principally in the technology, life sciences, real estate and financial services sectors. Our clients typically have a large number of entities and operate in multiple countries.
Working as an integral part of our clients’ teams, our business offers a positive combination of the benefits of working within both a practice and industry environment, including:
- Career variety with the opportunity to work on different clients and interchange between our key sectors. Alternatively, we offer stability if you would like to specialise in a specific sector.
- Ability to influence your personal and career development, considering technical expertise, sector specialism, soft skills and leadership development.
- Time to invest in understanding your clients, their strategic ambition, the challenges they face and to add value and insight to them.
- Empowerment to manage your time in line with BDOs agile working framework.
- A sensible balance of client facing work alongside contribution to internal strategic projects
We’ll broaden your horizons
The GBS team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers an exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing team. To support our expanding client base, we require a Senior Manager to manage client relationships, our team and our business on a day-to-day basis.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realise your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognise and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. You’ll also:
- Deliver exceptional client service, meeting our clients expectations with regard to delivery of period close in accordance with strict reporting deadlines and all other aspects of the project
- Build sustainable client relationships developing a clear understanding of requirements and develop highly motivated global delivery teams focused on exceptional client service
- Support Directors and Partners across GBS and BSO in expanding the business further, supporting delivery of strategy, while also creating a strong team identity and culture
- For a portfolio of key clients, manage client service and financial performance
- Manage risk at an operational level.
- Lead specific strategy focus areas / projects.
- Develop and own a pipeline of new business opportunities to grow the business.
- Work with bid teams and help to lead client proposals and presentations.
- Lead specific assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Develop network / build relationships cross stream and sector, in the UK and with BDO offices, clients and targets overseas.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience in managing large, international client-facing projects
- Knowledge and experience of Excel, Word and PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience in any of our chosen sectors: Technology, Life Sciences, Real Estate funds and Financial Services
- Experience in managing ongoing operations using, or within, a shared service centre and / or experience project managing multi-country outsourced services.
- UK GAAP, IFRS and/or US GAAP reporting experience
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. We also provide extensive benefits as standard and, as we understand that everyone is different, we also offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
BDO is an agile employer and does not require its people to be office based 5 days a week. We will, therefore, consider applications from individuals from a wide geographic area. You will need be able to attend the office periodically as required and we will discuss this with you.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.