Senior/Assistant Manager Private Clients Tax
Senior Tax Associate/Assistant Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working hard and working together, our award winning Private Client Tax (PCS) team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service our clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across BDO to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients’ evolving needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you’re after a career that will keep you on your toes, we’ll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
We’ll help you succeed
BDO’s Guildford Private Client team is a dynamic and successful area of our business. With taxes being an ever increasingly high profile field, we can offer an exciting and broad range of quality career paths for ambitious people.
The primary responsibility will be to support management/ Partners with tax return compliance and advisory services for a wide range of regional, London and internationally based clients.
The role holder will support and be involved in the continued growth of PCS advisory work generally for HNWIs including tax areas such as international (residence, non doms etc.), UK property, trusts (UK and overseas), private equity and owner managed businesses.
You will regularly engage with stakeholders at all levels, so it is important that you are able to clearly articulate complex tax issues and develop effective solutions and relationships with clients. You will also:
- Responsible for all day to day tax compliance and the growing advisory affairs of clients working with Managers/Partners
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
- There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery
- To assist the trainees with technical and procedural matters which will enable them to development of supervisory skills
- Meet and communicate in writing / orally with clients, intermediaries, BDO International and HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/ Manager/ Partner informed of overruns
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as business development opportunities, to the Manager/ Partner, whilst exercising judgment within agreed parameters
- Ensure that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to as appropriate
- Participate in business development activity and building relationships relating to new work, as requested
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Significant understanding of and previous experience within a tax compliance team
- Some tax advisory experience, but not essential
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
- Ability to manage a client portfolio and build relationships
- To actively seek opportunities for business development to existing and new clients
- Educated to degree level, and or ATT/CTA and/or ACA/AAT/ACCA qualified or equivalent
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.