Sr. Consultant Incident Management, Operational Resiliency
Who we are
Our core principles of service, expertise and integrity have guided us from our start as a Chicago bank in 1889 to our position as a multi-faceted global financial services provider. Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.
Our focus on employee work/life balance, diversity, career mobility and unique opportunities are among the reasons we’ve been named one of America's Best Large Employers and recognized as an employer of choice around the world.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Sydney, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Singaporean community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
What you will do
This is a senior role as part of a global, follow the sun team, where the focus is on managing incidents as part of the Incident Management team in GS and C&IS. Provides guidance to others as necessary. Solves complex issues and works independently. May lead projects and/or have accountability for on-going activities or objectives.
- Manage and triage incident command centers (in collaboration with Technology) to appropriately respond and recover from operational and / or technology-related incidents
- Collaborate with GS and C&IS teams to provide threat and vulnerability monitoring from our technology platforms and any market infrastructures
- Support the development and update of incident communication templates to be used for providing stakeholder updates on real and/or potential business-impacting events
- Support post incident assessments, documenting results of assessment, and tracking follow up deliverables identified including analysis, root cause, and immediate remediation
- Provide Incident Management stakeholder training as needed
- Support coordination between the GS & C&IS teams and the Corporate Risk Incident Response Teams. Including coordination of stakeholder actions and reporting statuses for significant incidents
- Work within the team to ensure that operational, productivity and volatility metrics are in place to manage Business Reporting / Escalation of Incidents to Senior Management and Resiliency Office
- Where necessary provide representation for C&IS and GS in LIRT, BIRT and CIRT
- Supports the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced critical thinking
- Knowledge of crisis management, disaster, and business recovery and continuity management
- Understanding of risk management practices including cyber security and how they apply in Financial Services organizations including the impact of regulation on operational resiliency matters
- Experience Supporting the implementation of projects and working with cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of technologies relevant to responsibilities
- Strong understanding of data analytics and related tools including Power BI
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to drive to execution
- Applies knowledge of key business drivers and the factors that maximize department performance
- 5-7 years of related experience in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Incident Management, Risk, or Controls.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. In Singapore, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit our website.
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.