Accounting Technician, International Tax
- Vancouver, BC, CA
- Customized rewards programs that focus on flexibility and work-life integration
- 26 May 2022
- 26 Jun 2022
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Global Mobility/High Net-worth Group as an Accounting Technician. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. Specifically, our Canada - U.S. Cross-border Personal Income Tax team helps high net-worth individuals in Canada and the United States address their cross-border needs and optimize their overall taxes.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Develop and apply knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act and related legislation
- Develop and apply knowledge of the United States Internal Revenue Code and related legislation
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas and deadlines
- Set up files for new clients
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns ensuring compliance with both government’s standards for individuals including foreign reporting for both Canada and the U.S.
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address client tax compliance issues
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Raise identified client issues that need to be addressed with managers and engagement partners
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry through experiential learning with clients
- Attend internal MNP and external courses to further develop accounting taxation knowledge
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems
Skills and Experience
- Possess a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in accounting or another relevant field
- Experience in an accounting, customer service and/or client service environment is preferred
- Previous experience in preparation of personal and corporate tax returns is an asset
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as CaseWare, CCH Axcess and TaxPrep or Taxcycle is preferred
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act, specifically in Canadian Personal Tax
- Experience working with US Tax is considered an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.