Senior Audit Manager, Audit Services
Who we are
Northern Trust is a preeminent global financial institution that provides asset servicing, investment management and wealth management services for institutions, high-net-worth individuals and families. For more than 130 years, our success has been anchored in one purpose: to serve as our clients’ most trusted financial partner, guarding and growing their assets as though they are our own. Our market-leading technological capabilities—spanning from artificial intelligence for currency management, blockchain for fund administration and cloud-based solutions to deliver personalized wealth management services—allow us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients with speed and precision.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
As the Senior Audit Manager, Audit Services, you play a key senior position within the global Audit Services organization, responsible for providing oversight and leadership to the audit team in APAC and fostering an environment where growth and opportunity for career advancement is present.
You will lead a group of auditors, who are responsible for the execution of a portfolio of audit engagements in the areas of Asset Servicing and Asset Management businesses, primarily across the APAC region and in support of globe activities. This role requires the ability to read and comprehend complex global regulations and apply those learnings to assess Northern Trust’s compliance with those laws and requirements.
This position will report to the Associate Director, Audit Services.
We are open to both Melbourne or Sydney location.
What you will do
- Providing subject matter and technical expertise to the Audit Team
- Staying current on regulatory rules and changes within the asset servicing industry and how these impact the audit planning activities
- Interacts and partners with the Business Partners and Audit Managers locally and globally to understand the risks within the business, business changes and other signific ant events that could significantly affect the business and/or the audit plan
- Provide strategic thinking, thought leadership, and guidance on identifying key risks and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of the controls supporting C&IS, Global Services, risk management and compliance
- Work with management to develop an audit strategy for the engagement
- Ensure that deliverables are issued accurately, completely, and timely to stakeholders
- Leads and oversees larger, more complex, and/or global reviews
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business risks, controls, and processes, along with an understanding of relevant laws, regulatory rules and knowledge of the impact of systems within areas reviewed
- Apply analytical skills, discussions with the Business and Audit Partners and the risk assessment process to properly identify key risks and controls, audit scope, and testing approach within an audit or other project
- Oversees the professional development and performance management processes by identifying training and development needs, and providing effective feedback to direct report
- Conducts the annual performance management process for direct report, in consultation with the functional manager to agree ratings.
- Prior experience in a similar role and has an understanding of Australian regulations
- Experience in leading, motivating and empowering a team of auditors
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to provide effective solutions
- Ability to establish strong relationships with stakeholders
- A University degree with professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA)
- Experience of auditing within a financial services audit environment, together with knowledge of risks and controls of these activities, including operational and compliance risks
As of 31 December 2021, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $16.2 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $12.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.6 trillion in assets under management
- $184 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience. Which Is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2022:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg, 2022 (5th consecutive year)
- Top ranking of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s, Corporate Equality Index, 2022 (For the 15th consecutive year, Northern Trust has scored 100% and earned the designation as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality”)
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families, we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.