Financial Crimes Compliance, Senior Associate
North Quincy, Massachusetts; Boston, Massachusetts; Providence, Rhode Island
Who we are looking for
State Street operates a global Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) program that is designed to meet its legal and regulatory requirements. We are looking for someone to join our Boston based Central Entity Screening (CES) team, which is led by the Head Central Entity Screening, and is a key part of the Financial Crime Compliance program. The CES team oversees the screening of clients, investors, securities, brokers and other parties to identify parties subject to sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons and negative news in support of State Street’s financial crime compliance program. This role works with First Line (FLOD) and Second Line of Defense (SLOD) FCC, Information Technology and business unit colleagues to compile, distribute and analyze a variety of alerts relating to the CES team’s work.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Crimes Compliance, Associate you will
- conduct research and provide timely sanctions guidance, Politically Exposed Persons and negative news on escalated entity/name screening alerts
- support performance of oversight and quality control reviews on FLOD & SLOD screening alert, disposition teams and recommend improvements to processes
- support response to regulatory and internal audit exam requests
- maintain and update the procedures for the production of CES metric; support the creation of metrics and governance materials
- support the identification of false hit mitigation candidates and supporting and advising internal teams on deployment of new screening activities
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, research, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & make critical decisions within tight deadlines
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience with focus in business, accounting, finance, criminal justice or equivalent
- First experience with Financial Crimes Compliance, in specific with the following:
- Screening operations and alert dispositioning activities
- US, EU, UN, and other sanctions programs or equivalent
- Politically Exposed Persons and negative news programs or equivalent
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.