Core Operations, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
The candidate will be expected to have at least 4-6 years’ experience working in a FOF/Custody environment. They will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant work processes and a broad understanding of related and interfacing activities to provide effective management of Custody/FOF Services. This should include strong operational knowledge of Fund of funds, fund of hedge funds, trade settlement, reconciliation, and ancillary custody products/services.
The candidate will be expected to work closely as part of the management team and plan and deliver projects assigned. They will be a senior point of contact within the business for the department’s activity. A major focus will be on procedures and process improvement, client relationship management and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of State Street.
The successful candidate will reporting to the Officer of the operations team, this permanent position and the role will be based in our Dublin, SJRQ office.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Manage and control day to day operations of assigned clients in tandem with your officer and Vice president.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, internally and externally, through the delivery of high quality custody services.
- Actively manage service delivery received from our delegates, to ensure that all specified deadlines and key performance indicators are met as required.
- Manage the take on of new business
- Provide regular feedback to senior management colleagues with regard to significant operational issues and ongoing project delivery.
- Make sound operational decisions.
- Work with the Depository to ensure each client investments has the correct classification with regards AIFMD and UCITS V directives.
What we value
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
Core Skills and Competencies
- Extensive product/industry knowledge.
- Significant customer service experience.
- Analytical thinker.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to manage change and to see change as a challenge.
- Highly-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to think and act independently.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Business / Financial Services or related
- Expectation of 4+ years (or equivalent) experience in financial services industry with extensive managerial level experience
- Significant body of experience within custody operations
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.