Manager or Senior Manager, Assurance & Accounting / Directeur, Certification et comptabilité
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams
- Responsible for the completion of reviews, compilations, compliance tax engagements, financial and accounting transactions
- Deliver industry and technical expertise through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high quality deliverables
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Network and take a leadership role in the local professional, business, and community while raising awareness of MNP and looking for new business development opportunities
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development
- Conduct formal, written annual performance reviews
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge
Skills and Experience:
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum 4 to5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware and TaxCycle,
- Strong computer literacy
- Some travel may be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.