Legal and Company Secretary Officer
Independent and possessing more than twenty years' experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 1000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset
You will be a crucial member of a small team responsible for the Company Secretary duties of the client Companies of Alter Domus dealing mainly with engagement of new clients, following up on prospecting contacts, due diligence processes and managing the set-up of new structures in Malta including collective investment schemes and other investment entities. Your responsibilities include the following:
- Assistance with the set-up of new corporate structures, involvement from proposal stage to set-up or take over, including assisting with the preparation of the Compliance file;
- Opening of bank accounts;
- Preparation and upkeep of the client Company registers;
- Assisting with the preparation for Board Meetings, circulation of agendas, preparation of board documents and drafting of board minutes pursuant to the meetings;
- Attending to Board Meetings representing the Company Secretary;
- Assisting clients with any changes required to the corporate governance and capital structure
- Drafting of resolutions and supplemental documentation;
- Preparation and filing of annual returns and other regulatory forms;
- Liaising with Banks/Registry of Companies/Malta Financial Services Authority and other authorities as may be required;
- Administration of Maltese Trusts;
- Assisting with contract review;
- On-going servicing of collective investment schemes and other regulated investment entities by providing the clients with suitable solutions in response to their queries.
- You hold a Degree in Financial Services or Law or any other related areas;
- Three to four years’ experience in a similar position preferably in a corporate service focused industry and/or financial services industry;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- You are willing to be part of a fast growing international work environment;
- You have strong client relationship skills.
Our recruiting process, like your entire career, is considered a shared responsibility. During interviews you will have the possibility to discover the company and your future colleagues. We will seize the opportunity to know you better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.