(Senior) Consultant Sustainable Finance
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your journey with us
As a (Senior) Consultant in Sustainable Finance, you will be part of a dynamic team that focuses on supporting clients in their journey towards a more sustainable world. In order to reach the ambitious targets set by the European Union, we both support financial institutions (banks, insurance companies and asset managers) as well as corporates active in various industries. These companies are facing various challenges and opportunities ranging from making the right strategic choices, managing their ESG risks, complying with regulatory requirements and reporting towards their various internal and external stakeholders.
In response to these challenges and opportunities, we are looking for high-performing, innovative and enthusiastic candidates to join our team. A team which stands out with its diverse capabilities and focus areas, but with team members who all share a genuine interest for sustainable finance.
You will support our clients in:
- Performing gap analyses and maturity assessments related to their sustainability strategy and ambitions;
- Analyzing companies’ activities and assessing their eligibility and alignment towards the requirements of the EU Taxonomy;
- Screening investment portfolios and mapping the sustainability performance of investee companies towards various frameworks and standards;
- Providing them with assurance about the progress they are making towards sustainability and validating the sustainability profile of the capital they raise in a sustainable manner;
- Putting in place a sustainability framework, identifying relevant KPI’s and targets, measuring progress towards these KPI’s and targets – in order to prepare our clients for the issuance of a sustainable finance instrument such as a green bond;
- Leading projects in implementing procedures, processes, infrastructure and governance to ensure they comply with regulation, financial and sustainability standards and business needs;
- Providing them with answers to tackle the challenges they face in analyzing, controlling and reporting on their sustainability journey;
- Assessing the sustainability profiles of potential takeover targets by performing ESG Due Diligences.
You will also be responsible for:
- Business development related to ESG (incl. assisting in the deployment of our commercial strategy, organization of workshops, etc.);
- Project management;
- Participating in the career and performance development of the Deloitte team members by serving as a career counsellor, training new junior consultants and providing timely and specific performance feedback.
Let’s talk about you
Are you passionate about sustainability/ESG and looking for new challenges to further develop and share your expertise in these fields? Are you ambitious, team player and forward-thinking? Deloitte can match your ambitions!
- You have relevant sustainability experience and are looking forward to further develop your current knowledge
- A good understanding of responsible lending and investment, impact investing, ESG integration, sustainable and green finance, circular economy, sustainability strategy, implementation and reporting is a key asset;
- Outstanding academic background and relevant qualifications encompassing finance and sustainability;
- Experience in professional services / consultancy;
- At least 2-4 years working experience in total;
- Client and result oriented approach and excellent social, communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English, Dutch and/or French (both spoken and written)
Deloitte Audit & Assurance is about much more than just the numbers. It’s about attesting to accomplishments and challenges, and helping to assure strong foundations for future aspirations. Deloitte illuminates the what, how, and why of change so you’re always ready to act ahead. We do this by performing audits of financial figures and other data, reviewing the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, procedures, systems, and organizations as well as solving problems and offering expert insights. We provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients.
Who is Deloitte? World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
+5000 dedicated professionals, active in +10 offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
Empowering our employees with flexible work arrangements remains essential in today's reality:
- Hybrid workplace: combination of home office and on-site (+10 offices in Belgium or client's premises).
- Part-time employment: all our jobs are open to part-time work under a 90% or 80% regime
Join us to make an impact together! Apply now!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.