SAP BW Subject Matter Expert
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
SAP BW Subject Matter Expert
The Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (GR CoE) brings together a team of experienced & dynamic management reporting, SAP BI subject matter experts and BI development professionals. We deliver engaging, efficient & insightful reporting and analysis solutions based on the rich and diverse data set available through GSK’s global deployment of SAP.
We are looking to recruit a SAP BW Subject Matter Expert (SME) role to support the BI Development & Operations manager by delivering back-end innovations using SAP BW.
The GRCoE team have developed a diverse and sophisticated portfolio of reports, including novel SAP Lumira, SAP Business Explorer, Power BI and Excel (Analysis for Office) reports and dashboards. Excellent SAP BI query design underpins our reporting portfolio, guaranteeing a robust, accurate, efficient and insightful reporting platform.
This is a role that requires substantial technical expertise alongside the ability to collaborate with our functional BI SMEs & 1st line support to understand business purpose & requirements and to identify & implement optimal reporting solutions.
In this role you will…
- Support the BI Development & Operations manager by delivering back-end innovations using SAP BW
- Analyze report demand, generate BW query prototypes and present this back to BI SME’s and the business following specific requests. Support the collection, collation and cataloguing of BI data requirements, metrics and KPIs across all functional streams
- Define the necessary underlying SAP Business Warehouse back-end structures including BEX queries to enable Lumira front-end reporting
- Engage with Tech teams to implement necessary production back-end BW changes
- Providing peer-reviews of changes implemented by Tech teams
- Develop and maintain supporting technical BW query documentation and back-end design
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance in the implementation of strategic CERPs BI aims
- Support functional BI SMEs in report reconciliation and alignment
- Conducting technical KT sessions
Qualifications & Skills:
- Information technology qualification or equivalent training and experience
- Proficient in BEx query development with usage of variables (required)
- General knowledge of SAP BW
- Business Information System design experience, ideally in core financial reporting.
- Experience of management reporting, financial planning and SAP reporting tools (ideally including Lumira and Business Explorer)
- Ability to debug ABAP code and propose solutions (data staging and BEx variables)
- Track record of building stakeholder relationships in a global, cross-functional context
- Ability to work independently & manage multiple priorities
- Fluent spoken and written English
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure within a fast-growing Finance Hub
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, home office allowance, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Co-financing of employee’s education in partnership with world leading bodies in finance education ACCA and CIMA
- 80% remote work available
- Integration events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (contact email) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.