Finance Process Expert
Process Expert Role is a unique role within Finance (Reporting & Analysis) which combines Finance with IT and where the successful candidate will play a key role in helping to improve organizational performance.
Where you fit in
The Upstream Solution team is Global team, consisting of Solution Architect, 2 Process Leads, 1 Senior Process Experts and 13 Process Experts. They cover Reporting and Analysis process, supporting teams across different Shell Business Office location. The team supports the monthly closing process in SAP and submissions into Group Reporting ERP as well as supporting all relevant IT and change management activities including projects. The Upstream Solution team operate a hybrid model with regional and functional area of responsibilities.
What’s the role
Together with Process Expert Leads and other Process Experts in the Upstream Solution team, the Process Expert will support the financial processes of the business. Their primary role is to provide business support and day by day assistance, deliver the require change programmes (both Process and Data related) defined in their specialist area, minimize disruptions, and maximize availability of Financial and MI for Business Users. This includes engaging with end users, answering queries, and providing data and tools expertise.
At the same time, they will be expected to be creative, innovative, and inquisitive by challenging the status quo as well playing a key role in delivering digital change projects.
The Process Expert will be expected to:
- Work as a partner to the relevant Finance stakeholders to ensure that all run & maintain requirements are consistently, timely and efficiently addressed to maximize business utilization of relevant technical platforms.
- Act as an expert in Manage Close space
- To ensure all critical testing and training activities are promptly and effectively dealt with to support successful deploy change program.
- Support for CFIN/S4 implementation project team
- The ideal candidate will have more than 4 years’ experience in various Finance roles, combined with a strong SAP knowledge of financial accounting and reporting processes.
- Strong collaborative and communications skills at a variety of levels in the business and IT organizations as this position will need to work closely across the wider Business functions and IT delivery partners.
- Ability to handle conflict, explain directions in global context, rationalize and ultimately take a pragmatic position when required.
- Strong issue management skills.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of financial tools SAP, Business Wearhouse, BI Reporting tools.
- Self-starter, being capable to work within virtual teams, deliver through others and work in a multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to deliver solutions against very challenging deadlines: extensive experience of process design, empathy to IT and deep analytical skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.